Sailnut.com is a collection of mostly sailing related articles and information. My interest in sailboat racing is well reflected as is my desire to help other sailors get or stay involved in local sailing. In addition, Sailnut houses various articles and reports about other topics including cycling, motorcycling, and photography. I hope you find something of interest.
This website was originally created to promote the stainless steel Laser sailboat dolly I was building and selling. These dollies are no longer available but, for the curious, I have retained a page showing the details of the discontinued stainless Laser dolly.
- 1/11/2016 Camera-archive.com has run its course. The domain will go dark today. But the content will be preserved at the following link: camera-archive.com.
- 12/1/2015 Cycling related content will now be published on cyclecycle.info.
- 1/23/2014 Taku skipper Theo has allowed us to publish his Duwamish Head 2014 race report.
- 9/2/2011 The Weatherly racing program is nearing its end and Thistle 3669 is
now for sale SOLD.
- 6/8/2011 www.raceonedesign.com has a pretty strong weather engine. They've allowed this Sailnut.com site to display some of that weather info on the American Lake Weather page.
- 3/16/2011 I seem to have enough motorcycle related content to warrant a 'Motorcycle' menu item. My TL1000s for sale page is included as well. I've also updated the Laser dolly page to include a set of 'back of the napkin' quality Laser dolly plans for those DIY's in the audience.
- 12/2/2010 Initial impressions of this summer's electric outboard conversion test have been posted.
- 3/28/2010 Not all motorcyclists like the volume set to 'Eleven'. Read about my modified Yoshimura exhaust pipe.
- 3/23/2010 The Eska Electra page has been complimented with a couple articles detailing the thought process and justification behind the creation of the electric outboard.
- 2/14/2010 Sailnut has recently been moved to a Drupal framework.
- 2/4/2010 The projects section has been expanded to include a bicycle project. Meet 'The Tin Man', a 70's Raleigh Record that has been given a second chance.
- 9/30/2007 New section added! Although often at odds with common sense, a few of my boating related projects do make it off the ground.
- 9/25/2007 Despite ignoring this site for a while Dwaine has submitted Hard Novice, a tale from his adventures at 2007 Thistle Nationals.
- 7/31/2006 Long time ALSC member Ken Wheeler's Ranger 20 story.
- 7/29/2006 New section added! The Regatta Report has been created.
- 7/17/2006 'Lose The Cleat!' Thistle sailing article added on the Thistle Rigging Ideas page.
- 5/26/2006 Just created a Thistle Rigging Ideas web page.
- 5/1/2006 Tacoma Thistle Fleet's Sequim Bay Regatta.
- 4/10/2006 The American Lake Sailing Club Laser Fleet in Tacoma has been formed.